My name is Ashley Guerrero. I recently finished my M.P.S. degree in Sports Management with a concentration on International Marketing at St. John’s University. Before deciding to enroll in the Masters of Professional Studies program, I received a B.S in Business Management with a minor in Sports Management. After excelling in my sports management courses during my undergrad, I realized my true passion for sports. Continuing my education has increased my researching skills and enabled me to become proficient with Microsoft/Google applications, gained a good understanding of the public relations field and improved my management skills. 

Soccer/sports have always been a huge part of my life. I started as a competitive athlete traveling to major tournaments across the country which then inspired me to pursue a degree in the sports management field. After suffering from an injury, I decided I wouldn’t let it get the best of me and “those who can no longer do, teach”. I developed multiple skills used in the coaching world, as far as recruiting, scouting, and player development while also harnessing my management skills through the use of sports applications, developing invoices, updating schedules, and managing my time for work and school. I started my experience with the company Coastal Soccer where I coached/trained players across long island. During this time, I attended school and played for both the Mercy College and the Farmingdale State College women's soccer team. After I learned the business skills during school, I gained the necessary tools to leave the company and become a freelance trainer. I am currently the assistant coach of the U-14 West Hempstead Fury and employed by two soccer companies, Artisan Social Football Club and Showtime Soccer. I am currently the Director of the girl's youth program for Artisan Social Football Club (ages 2-8) and team coordinator for Showtime Soccer (age 9-17). 

Over the last 6 years, I’ve also worked as a waitress which lead to a manager position over the weekends at Borrelli’s Italian Restaurant. Borrelli’s is located directly across from the Nassau Coliseum where we get a lot of recognition due to the location. When the New York Islanders left, I worked closely with the owner, Frank Borrelli, and developed several promotions that helped promote the business after the team decided to move locations into the Barclay Center. Marketing strategies for the restaurant included coupons in the local papers and on social media, Paint Night, Psychic night, Karaoke, Live music, the golf outing, New Year's Eve, Breakfast with Santa etc. This includes delegating tasks such as booking the talent, created customs advertisements, coordinating execution plan (risk management, budget etc.).   

Throughout my college experience, I have developed many transferable skills that relate directly to the sports industry. I developed multiple skills used in the coaching world, as far as recruiting, scouting, and player development. It enabled me to harness my management skills by developing invoices, schedules, through the use of sports applications and managing time. My business background enabled me to target and attract new clients due to my prior experience with soccer. I genuinely believe working as a manager at Borrelli’s has improved my management and communication skills thus allowing me to connect with new people and demonstrate a high degree of patience making it desirable to work with me. Many people get overwhelmed and lose focus but a positive mindset can make all the difference to the success of a company. My next goal is to use my skills to make connections and begin my career in the sports field. I hope you enjoy my page!

Thank you for your time! 

Ashley N. Guerrero