Ashley Disc Profile .pdf

Results of DISC Manager Assesment

What are your general behavior characteristics?

Your responses indicate that you tend not to force your own ideas on others with edicts, but rather by offering considered suggestions. This can be a key success-point in a variety of negotiations. This helps to build both rapport and credibility with others, and is a strength that you can affirm in a genuine way. The combination of your listening skills, people-orientation, and your innate sincerity-factor, yield a manner by which you are able to influence others and have a co-ownership of the results. 
Ashley, you probably know that you tend to have a 'long fuse' and are not easily angered in visible ways. You may still harbor internal anger, but you tend not to make it visible to people involved with the situation. That said, you may take your anger and vent it to others not involved, or complain to them about the situation. But overall, you tend not to seek direct confrontation about what is making you upset. This is a good thing for the team or sporting organization, as long as you have your own type of outlet so that it doesn't take wear and tear on you. 
You show the rare ability to get along with a wide variety of others. This comes from both your sincere interest in people and from your inherent patience in working with others. You may be able to bring various individuals together who might not otherwise seek each other, and have those people work together on a project in a very successful way. If you are aware of this, you may be able to tap this skill when necessary to optimize the success of a project. 
Ashley, the responses you made to the survey indicate that you tend to be unselfish and sensitive to the needs of others. This is a rare type of generosity that has no strings attached, no hidden agenda, and no ulterior motives. People who score like you get a genuine feeling or rush when they are helping others. That's the up-side. The other news is that you need to monitor that so you are not in the position of spreading yourself too thin across a variety of projects and activities both on and off the job.

You may be sought out by others for assistance or advice. This is because others perceive you as being sensitive to their needs, and to provide a stable and consistent point of view and reality check for them. They may perceive you as a good coach or counselor so that they can bounce ideas to you for your thoughtful consideration. That's good, for both you and the people you interact with. That's not so good if your own tasks and assignments don't get completed as a result.

Regarding your communication and influence skills, you the ability to persuade others not with hype, but rather with warmth, sincerity, and understanding. These are perhaps considered soft-sell tools, but they can carry a big impact because of the sincerity-factor that you bring to the message. This skill comes from the merging of your people orientation, patience in working with others, and the fact that you tend to be more modest than egocentric in dealing with people and in presenting.

With regard to decision-making, you tend to listen carefully to alternatives before making a judgment. That means the decisions you make are not knee-jerk decisions, or decisions-by-crisis, but rather thoughtful deliberations taken in a manner that considers a variety of outcomes. Of course that doesn't say that all of your decisions are correct ones, it says that you listen to input prior to weighing in with a decision. Not all people do that.

You score like those who are socially poised without being an extremist. Some people are over-the-top with their interactions with others. You have the ability to project a confidence and poise that is not extreme, not fake, and is very sincere and internally driven. People notice this, and we think it may help you develop trust and credibility with others very easily.

In my opinion, I believe this assessment is accurate. I genuinely enjoy talking with individuals, and find it easy for me to meet new people. Having patience is key when working in teams. I believe participating in sports during my youth as helped me harness my skills and mold me into the person I am today. It has given me the ability to work well with others and understand what they want/need. I also believe I adapt well, and understand the type of person I am speaking with, which allows me to avoid any conflicts.

What are your strengths?

• Excellent listening style, a model for others to observe and follow. 

• You demonstrate a high degree of patience in working with others. 

• You are able to negotiate conflicts into win-win situations. 

• You are very people oriented, and as a result, are able to talk with new people very easily in small groups or in large audiences. 

• You work hard for the team and sporting club or organization objectives and goals. 

• You possess a positive sense of humor, and not at the expense of others. 

• Your high optimism helps motivate the team toward its goals. 

• Tend to be very extroverted and if in the midst of a mundane project, may use creativity or spontaneity to make the activity more exciting. 

• You may become easily bored by mundane or routine tasks. 

• Want to be seen as an easy person to be around, and won't deliberately antagonize 
others. 

• May want to seek specialized assignments that can capitalize on your social and motivational skills. 

• A high ability to meet others easily and readily, and are socially poised in small or large group situations. 

• You tend to be action-oriented and able to handle many projects simultaneously. 

• While you may tend toward surface analysis in some cases, you can also show very
keen awareness of important details. 

The assessment on my strengths is highly accurate. I believe my personality makes me extroverted which motivates others to want to work with me. I more often then not become the group leader during projects because I can talk to anyone. I demonstrate a high degree of patience making it easy for people to talk to. Many people get overwhelmed and lose focus but I believe my positive sense of humor helps the team achieve our goal.  The one strength that could be a little off, is the ability to talk in large audiences. I'm not sure how well I would do because I've never had the opportunity.

What are your motivations?

• Acceptance as an important member of a group or team. 

• A strong, visible sporting club or organization with which to identify. 

• An environment offering mobility and variety. 

• Opportunities that allow for a variety of people-contacts. 

• A democratic environment with a free exchange of ideas. 

• Awards to confirm ability, skill, or achievements. 

• A system of support to assist with the details and follow-through. 

The motive analysis is fully accurate. I believe when I am accepted and feel a belongingness to a group or new work setting, I optimize my potential. When I’m happy and doing work efficiently, my personality improves and it reflects on others. A smile can go a long way, and so can happiness. If people are happy in their workforce and able to express themselves and their opinions, it could benefit not only the business, but a person’s self-esteem which will in-turn optimize productivity. Although you can't give out an award every-time someone does well on a project, little gestures such as, employee of the week receives free coffee etc., can make all the difference.  I think being aware of this and having the ability to empathize can assist me in being a successful employee and leader.

What are your needs as a manager?

• More direction toward work tasks, and less on chatting and socializing. 

• Encouragement when the pressure is on, to keep the positive spirit and 
optimism. 

• To learn to say 'no' more often to avoid spreading yourself too thin. 

• Detailed delegation of responsibilities to reduce ambiguity and confusion. 

• To be kept in the information-loop regarding projects and initiatives within the sporting organization.
  • To be more realistic and ambitious in setting deadlines for team projects. 

• Increased urgency in decision-making. 

Playing and coaching has pushed me to be more direct when handling my responsibilities. I like to know exactly what I am doing, and get the task done quickly. Then have fun once all the hard work it done. I believe planning is the biggest key to success. I put forth maximum effort in everything I do so being positive and having constructive criticism helps me achieve my goal. I think this comes from playing on team sports. A support system to motivate you when the pressure is high can be key to my success.

What are characteristics of the most effective working environment for you?

• Activities with many opportunities for interaction with people. 

• Public recognition for accomplishments. 

• Opportunities to express yourself. 

• Freedom to move around, either in the office or around the country. 

• A non-hostile and supportive culture within your team, club or sporting organization. 

• Projects that allow you to motivate and persuade people. 

• The opportunity to network with others. 

I think one of my best qualities is my personality. I always find a way to connect with the person I am talking with. This allowed me to be successful in networking myself as a coach. I hope to channel these characteristics into a professional work setting. I really enjoy public recognition, for example, when I hear positive comments on how my team played in a game, I feel enjoyment because all the hard work the players and I put in during practice has paid off. I also feel enjoyment when the girls harness their anger and support each other. It teaches them to work together, and it illustrate to me, how being supportive can assist you with achieving your goal.

How might you appear (to others) when you are under stress?

• Impulsive when making decisions giving little thought to consequences. 

• Superficial in how they communicate and interact with others. 

• Manipulative in the way they achieve and focus on what is their goals and priorities. 

• Inconsistent in their mood, often appearing down one moment then more upbeat the next. 

• Wasteful of time and lacking a sense of urgency. 

Under stress, I tend to get extremely overwhelmed and when giving direction it may come off as anger. It may come off as "how do you not understand" without me having to say it. I've become very impatient and inconsistent with my mood if I've already the task at hand. The one thing that is a little off with this analysis is the "waste of time and lacking a sense of urgency." I believe this is the opposite for me because I like to get tasks done quickly. 

When you are under stress, what do you need?

• Prestige, status and recognition from others. 

• To obtain credit for their successes. 

• A quick pace for stimulation and excitement. 

I have a strong need to feel accepted or wanted. If I feel like my work is not being utilized, I begin to feel resentment because I put my maximum effort in everything I do. I think this comes from participating in team sports.  

What are your typical behaviors when you face conflict?

• I's may experience a desire to get even if someone thwarts a major component of their personal agenda; however, they are not very likely to follow through. I's may choose to overlook the matter in order to preserve the relationship or they may simply lash out in anger. 

• I's are quite uncomfortable with conflict, aggression and anger. I's do whatever they can to avoid them. If possible, I's may physically avoid an environment filled with conflict or anger. If that is not possible, I's will probably seek to use their natural humor and story-telling ability to reduce the level of tension. If neither approach works, I's may attempt to ignore the conflict. Given their strong focus on relationships, however, this tactic is rarely successful. 

• When I's experience a moment of misery, they may appear overeager, impulsive, sarcastic and demanding and disregard the facts or anything you say. 

Again, I believe this is accurate. I tend to avoid conflicts because I don’t want to upset anyone, or make anyone feel bad. Things happened that cannot be avoided, unfortunately, I harness these feeling which can be destructive if/when I decide to speak my mind. I prefer to be happy with minimal conflicts.

What are your strategies to reduce conflict and increase harmony?

• Be sure to fulfill all of your commitments. If you will be unable to keep a commitment or meet a deadline, inform the people involved as soon as possible. Do not assume that others will automatically step in to cover for you. 

• Recognize that I's can never resolve a conflict by avoiding it. Risk damaging a relationship or losing someone's approval by stating their feelings and clarifying their expectations. Be sure, of course, to listen attentively to the responses of others. 

• Avoid giving others a false impression of the level of support you will give them. When promising your support, make clear precisely what it is that you will do. 

I believe if I become more aware and implement these strategies it will help me increase harmony with others. The assessment is giving me a different perspective on how I my personality is. I don’t have many conflicts with other, but when I do, it bothers me for a long time. Rather then trying to avoid it, I will attempt to resolve it in a professional manner.

How should others communicate with you (“dos”)?

• Break the ice with a brief personal comment. 

• Put the details in writing, but don't plan on discussing them too much. 

• Join in with some name-dropping, talk positively about people and their goals. 

• Provide assurances about her input and decisions. 

• Be candid, open, and patient. 

• Show sincere interest in her as a person. 

• Present your ideas and opinions in a non-threatening way. 

I think this is a great way to communicate with others. I use these tools in my everyday life allowing me easily to communicate with others.

How should other not communicate with you (“donts”)?

• Manipulate or bully her into agreeing. 

• Leave decisions hanging in the air.
  • Be certain all decision-points have reached closure and action-plans are the result. 

• Be impersonal or judgmental. 

• Leave the idea or plan without backup support. 

• Dream' too much with her or you'll lose time. 

• Talk down to her. 

• Be overly task-oriented. 

I agree with this analysis and will become more aware or how other perceive the way I communicate with them. I tend to show my emotions when talking to others, which allows me to be genuine, but if I don’t like something or don’t agree, it is shown through facial expressions and body language. I will be more aware of this and do my best not to offend anyone.  

How should you communicate with others who have the dominant style?

Facts are always useful when attempting to solve a problem or explaining a situation. Providing facts and allowing them to be independent is the best way to communicate with a dominant style.

How should you communicate with others who have the influencing style?

When communicating with an influencing style, I must be optimistic and focus on the big picture. Influencing styles enjoy interacting and participating with others. They like to be kept up to date and be supportive of their ideas. When interacting with them I must mention your accomplishments and complement them personally with genuine appreciation.

How should you communicate with others who have the steady style?

When communicating with a steady style I must poetry logical thinking. They like to be directing and avoid confrontation therefore they seek peace in the work place. I must provide contrastive feedback and understand their easygoing manner.  

How should you communicate with others who have the conscientious style?

When communicating with a conscientious style I must address them in a nonthreatening way. I also must be more patient with them and allow them to assess their decision-making. Complement them on their thoroughness and give them exact reasoning.  To avoid conflict, ask for assistance and clarification in the right manner. 

What are your potential areas of improvement?

• You may hesitate to correct or discipline those who report to you for fear of offending someone.
  • You may be rather indirect in providing instructions, not wanting to impose your will on others.
  • You may be a bit of a grudge-holder toward those who offer criticism.
  • You may show less emphasis on productivity and more emphasis on the people-
  • side of a project.
  • You may tend to take constructive criticism personally, and not be able to consider the criticism only as it relates to the task or process.
  • May have some difficulty in quick decision-making because of need to consider the people-side of all issues.
  • May need some coaching in time management tools, and in setting deadlines that are more ambitious.

I believe this is accurate as well. I must be more direct with my instructions and disregard any fear of offending someone. I tend to assist others before completing my own tasks. Focusing on my time management tools and setting deadlines will help me improve in these areas. 

What behaviors do you consider to be your strengths in relation to your role?

I believe my strengths include my persuasive communication skills, adaptability, and relative experience in the sports industry. My outgoing personality allows me to work well with others and assess problems from a different perspective.

What behaviors do you consider to be your limitations in relation to your role?

I believe my limitations are my lack of experience when speaking in front of large groups in a professional manner and the need to please everyone in the work place. I do not like conflict or a hostile work environment, therefore I will adapt to avoid conflict or rectify the problem immediately.

What behaviors do you commit to improve and what would the payoffs be when you make these improvements?

I commit to improving my experience through internships and deciding on the career best suitable for my skill set. Experience can go a long way, whether its learning new skill-sets or meeting potential job opportunities, I believe the best way to learn the concepts taught in class is by applying them in a work setting.

I believe observer 1 and 2 are accurate in what they said about my characteristics. The two observers have worked alongside me for a few years and have a thorough analysis of my characteristics. Because I work three jobs, it is hard to make time to complete everything that need to be done.

OBSERVER 1:

What behaviors do you consider to be Ashley Guerrero’s strengths in relation to Ashley Guerrero’s

1. As a coach, Ashley demonstrates a great balance between competitiviness and fun. Her experience growing up allows her to relate to the kids well and have make strategic decisions when coaching. In her role as a waitress, Ashley is outgoing, genuine and kind to everyone she meets. She works quickly and effectively under pressure and cooperates exceptionally with her coworkers, myself included. 

2. Seeing as the service industry is fast paced and high pressure, there is always room to improve on time management. Ashley focuses closely on personal connections with her customers and helping her coworkers. So much so that she could benefit from managing her own time as closely. 

3. Should Ashley improve on her time management I am certain she will excel even beyond many of her coworker, while continuing to help them grow, as she improves on her own work development.

•  

OBSERVER 2:

1.  Communication is a strength of Ashley. She is capable of communicating with anybody about various topics. Whether it is work, school or a friendly debate she's able to convey her message and get her point across to various age groups throughout the day. 

2. As well as she communicates her listening skills are also very strong but she does tend to be a little stubborn. Personally, if we're having a friendly debate over a current event or topic, and she sees her side very clearly and believe she is right. Although she provides facts as to why she is right, it may come off in a negative domineer.

3. She can improve on her stubbornness. If she can take her knowledge and express it clearer, it wouldn’t come off that negative. She must absorb the knowledge that others give, rather than being set in stone. Sometimes there is more than one answer that is correct. Absorbing that knowledge can help with future issues, especially in the work place or in her professional career.

I think the ManagerDisc results are very accurate. The most useful tool is the way to communicate with certain types of people. It was also surprising to see how time management is a big factor in my weaknesses.  The least surprising thing was my communication skills. I've always been able to speak with others easily, but understanding certain aspects of mine/others personality will help me in the future. My listening skills are also a strength that I was not aware of. Understanding an opinion, even one I don't agree with can be an opportunity to gain knowledge. Knowledge is power and learning different views and methods gives you a better handle on the task or topic at hand. I tend to get extremely overwhelmed under stress and when giving direction it may come off as anger. The assessment gave me different strategies to harnessing my anger, which I thought was very essential in being successful. I also hate conflict so it was spot on with the results and illustrated not to spread myself to thinly across to many projects, simply by saying “No”. When determining another person’s behavioral style, I will look for body language, their ability to take criticism, their personality when communicating, and their ability to adapt under high pressure situations.  Lastly, when engaging with others I believe my free-flowing personality allows me to see the perspective of others. They are able to give off their ideas in a judgement free zone. I believe my personal impression on myself matches the overview analysis.