Oftentimes we think of corporate social responsibility but what about our individual responsibility that we each have to use our influence to make an impact?  

The conference on human trafficking hosted by St. John's University opened my eyes to the devastation caused by modern day slavery but also gave me an idea of how to do something about it. I took the opportunity to introduce myself to some of the influential women attending the conference to see how I could be of service to them. Among the women I met was Sister Kati who works for LifeWay

Lifeway basically provides safe houses for trafficking victims in the United States but a large part of what they do is educating people: educating the public about the prevalence of human trafficking. This summer I'll be working with Sister Kati and a number of students from John Jay and Hofstra to construct lesson plans for educating high school and junior high students about human trafficking. Each lesson plan will focus on a specific aspect of trafficking and will be sensitive to audience's tolerance level for such a multifaceted topic. I look forward to this as it is Lifeway's first time incorporating education for students into their mission and I'm just glad I have the opportunity to be a part of it.