I had the pleasure of attending a Philosophy Colloquium hosted at St. John's University that was sponsored by the Koch Foundation titled Justice and the Political Order where we analyzed three texts: A Theory of Justice by John Rawls, Anarchy, State, and Utopia by Robert Nozick, and After Virtue by Alasdair MacIntyre.

This colloquium was just the first of many where I hope to pick theories apart in an attempt to find practical solutions to social injustices. It requires a great deal of research in my three respective fields of political science, philosophy, and economics to accomplish this goal of contributing to the ranks of great thinkers who spurred systemic change with innovative ways of thinking. 

Douglas B. Rasmussen is the man who I credit with inspiring me to add a major in philosophy and has really helped me to re-evaluate our political/legal order. His book that he co-authored with Den Uyl. Below is a video where Dr. Rasmussen is featured along with a number of other prominent philosophers sharing some of the main ideas found in their writings about liberalism and the political/legal order.