When I got hired at Fridays, the store was one of three test stores in the country and was rapidly changing. Not only was it my first job but it was hectic in the store because it was a test store. One morning I was doing my usual routine of cleaning tables and singing along to the jukebox when I noticed a man sitting in one of the booths kind of watching me. Finally when I get around to cleaning his area he asked me why I was doing that because it wasn't my job. I told him, I work for Friday's so if something is dirty then it is my job to clean it. I asked him, why should I mind cleaning off a few tables? I have to best job in the world getting paid to smile at people all day.

That man was my new general manager and because of him seeing a positive attitude, he always pushed me a little harder to motivate the rest of the host staff. That job made me really take pride in even the smallest things because you never know who is watching or who will appreciate it. No matter how menial the tasks are, I am going to be humble and do them with dignity because I am just grateful for the opportunities I have been blessed with; I truly believe they all serve a purpose. 

This was the greatest first job a kid could have ever imagined. The environment was fun and lively but it forced you to be able to handle a high volume of people in a short period of time. As a smiley people greeter better known as spgeezy, I gave my all. No matter how my days were going, I went into work with a smile and nine times out of ten, just being thankful to have work during such hard times made the job well worth it so I left with a smile too. 

I think it's nearly impossible to be a social entrepreneur without being willing to do some tasks that are beneath you or doing things you may not necessarily want to do so that in the larger scheme of things, everything works out. Part of being a leader is first humbling yourself and making a promise never to compromise your integrity in what you do; working with dignity ultimately.