Part 1. A review/summary of the ManagerDISC information received in Part I, II and III, and your own personal reflections on the information

Answer the following questions.  You may copy and paste information from your ManagerDISC report, however, make sure that the information is organized and understandable.  After you copy and paste the appropriate information, consider the accuracy of the results.  Do you agree or disagree with a few, some, or all of the information listed?  Explain.

WHAT ARE YOUR GENERAL BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS?  (Page 6)

• Your Adapted Style (how you think you should behave) indicates you tend to use the behavioral traits of the SDc style(s) in your current role.

• Your Natural Style (the “real you”) indicates that you naturally tend to use the behavioral traits of the Cs style(s).

The narration below serves as a general overview of your behavioral tendencies in your sporting environment. It sets the stage for the report which follows, and provides a framework for understanding, reflecting on and applying your results. We've occasionally provided key improvement ideas throughout this report. This is so you can leverage your strengths whenever possible to maximize your personal career goals and successes.

You have a rare skill of being able to weigh both intuition and data in very skillful ways when making decisions. You provide deep analysis in your insight. You also provide an experienced gut-level intuition that helps to balance the data. This is a rare skill. Some jump to conclusions with no analysis. Others remain at the stage of analysis-paralysis and make few decisions. You have the ability balance both.

You are most comfortable with well-defined systems and logical procedures. If you are able to find a working niche that amplifies and values these strengths, then the job climate for you will be a positive one. Discomfort for people who score like you, comes from amorphous structure (i.e., none), and a laissez-faire attitude about how and when things should get done.

CHENGHAO, the pattern of responses on the survey indicate that you tend to set high quality control standards for yourself and others in order to minimize wrong paths, mistakes, and loose ends. This is a  strength to any team, as long as there is an awareness of the revenue-clock ticking in the corner of the room: Namely, that high quality control comes at an opportunity-cost. Sometimes taking more time will increase quality control, and it may also increase costs. We provide this information to you so that you can prepare your case in advance whenit comes to making an appear to the team or organization.

Your pattern of responses indicates that you do not like interruptions while working on detailed projects. You show a high degree of focus on the things you do, almost like the focus of a laser-beam. To that point, you like to maintain that focus largely in the effort of quality control and accuracy. You score like those who are most effective when they are able to complete a portion of a project or assignment in its entirety, before moving on to the next project or portion thereof.

Others may seek you out to answer a complex procedural question, because you know the answer, or know where to find it. This may be a bit of a bother for you at times, but you probably put up with it very effectively. While the sign is not posted on your door: "CHENGHAO has the answers." It might as well be there. The word gets out, and the general sense is apparent for those who meet you, that you know the procedures, and follow them. If there's a procedural memo that emerges in e-mail, you read it, and others may delete it, then come to you for an explanation later on as to what that memo really said.

The response pattern shows that you demonstrate excellent critical thinking ability. This is a great strength. It becomes especially important to the team or sporting organization at large when you verbalize your thoughts and concerns. Remember that some (perhaps many) on the team may not have thought as deeply, or as critically about an issue as you have. Your insight can be of great value.

You like to complete projects with precision and accuracy as these are important hallmarks of your work ethic. Additionally, you complete projects on time. Your only complaint might be that if you a bit more time on a project the quality could be raised even to a higher level.

You see the need to move quickly, but also the importance of analyzing facts and data before deciding. This is a strength that has proven very successful for you in the past. However, as a bit of coaching, you should also remember to avoid a position of analysis-paralysis where no decision is made because of always waiting for more information. Result: Either the decision-point passes you by, or there is a situation of decision-by-crisis.

What do you think about this information?  Explain.

I think this information are 90% right. But I don’t truly understand why my adapted style is different of my natural style. I think I provide deep analysis in my insight, when I face some difficult situations, that I have analysis ability to know the true reality. I think the most accurate thing this assessment gave me is that I tend to set high quality control standards for myself and others in order to minimize wrong paths, mistakes, and loose ends. You know, I will be very carefully to avoid make mistakes. But at the same time, like the assessment said, that high quality control comes at an opportunity-cost. So that is the thing I should consider in my future work. And when I do my work, I don’t like to be bothered, I like focus my whole attention on my work. “Do one thing at one time” is the sentence I always said to others.

I don’t know “I know the answer” is right or wrong, because sometime I know, sometime I should ask others to give me advices. And in some situations, I cannot easy to make decisions. I think that is a big problem for me, especially in circumstances with limited time. It shows that I have excellent critical thinking ability, and this is my great strength. I definitely want finish my work on time, and the quality is very important too. I think I should also avoid a position of analysis-paralysis where no decision is made because of always waiting for more information. I think over thinking is a problem I must handle when I have limited time. All in all, I think it is very accurate.

WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?  (Page 8)

• You have an ability to logically negotiate cooperation from others rather than to confront or demand it.

• Provides a high degree of mind-share on projects and processes, alert to the potential problems and controls necessary.

• If given the responsibility to maintain high standards, those standards will be guarded and maintained.

• You remain objective in emotive situations.

• You approach systems, utilities and procedures with a high quality standard.

• Excellent critical thinker, frequently asking 'Why?'

• A strong ability to clarify complex issues, and to define the essence of a problem or solution.

I think almost of it are true. I have the ability to logically negotiate cooperation from others rather than to confront or demand it. I always want share my think on projects and process, and I like keep high standards. And I always ask “why” in the process, and I can easily find the main problem in complex situation and find solutions. Depends on that, I can know my strengths, and I will use these in my future work.

Another interesting thing is that I have strong ability to clarify complex issues. I think this sentence is right for me, because most of the times I could find the easy way or clarity a complex issue.

WHAT ARE YOUR WORK STYLE TENDENCIES?  (Page 8)

• You may have difficulty saying "no" to additional requests from other sports administrators, managers, coaches, athletes or others on your team or in your sporting organization.

• You work easily with those who notice and appreciate your attention to detail.

• You are ready to accept the credit or the blame.

• You use facts and details more than emotions in decision-making.

• Sporting organization or team goals may be evaluated against your own goals before you completely buy-in.

• You appreciate working with other reliable people such as fellow sports administrators, managers, coaches and support staff who conduct themselves with a similar high work ethic towards your sporting organization or team goals.

• Your greatest satisfaction comes primarily when your work or projects have reached a conclusion.

I think most of these are right for me. I am a person always want help others, and it is very hard for me to say no to others. But this style can give me some mistakes before, so I should change a little bit about that. And I work easily with people who appreciate my work, I think that is true. And the final one “your greatest satisfaction comes primarily when your work or projects have reached a conclusion”. I think that’s true, like my homework and work. Of course, I am not a person controlled by emotions to make decisions.

Another thing I should mention is that I want work with people with high work ethics, but I don’t like work with people too strict or without respect.

WHAT MOTIVATIONS YOU?  (Page 9)

• Opportunities to verbalize your ideas and positions on issues to your sporting organization management.

• Rewards and sincere reinforcements as they amplify self-esteem.

• Reasons for making changes; not just change for the sake of change.

• Control over your own activities, and the activities of others who affect the same project or outcome.

• Responsibility and authority to achieve results.

• Clearly defined objectives, and ownership in the goal-setting.

• Recognition for responsible performance and follow-through on professional tasks and obligations.

I think most of these are right. For example, I need to have reasons for making changes, not just change for the sake of change. And if I have responsibility and authority, I will be more motivated to get better results. And I think if I am in the part of goal-setting, this can definitely give me energy in the future work. I like recognition for responsible performance, and do some professional tasks with enough challenge. After I know that motivations, I can use this to enhance more power in my future work.

WHAT DO YOU NEED?  (Page 10)

• To spend less time on details, and more attention to the big picture.

• Work assignments of high precision and accuracy to capitalize on your high detail orientation.

• Complete explanations of the nature of a process, and systems used.

• A wider scope of perspective and operations.

• Increased urgency in making decisions.

• Job description presented clearly, and with no ambiguities.

• Sufficient time for effective planning.

I think that’s great, I always over think about details, so sometimes it will just waste my time. I need to pay more attention on the big picture. And I think I need wider scope of perspective and operations, and increased urgency in making decisions. And I should have sufficient time to make effective planning. But on the other hand, I think I will spend more time on details if the problem has big influence in our organization. For example, fire the head coach or make the strategic plan of our organization. I will focus on details as much as I can to avoid make mistakes.   But most of all, I think these analysis are very accurate in my situation.

WHAT IS YOUR IDEAL WORKING ENVIRONMENT?  (Page 11)

• Assignments that can be followed through to completion with a definite beginning, middle, and end.

• Logic, decisiveness, and the ability to provide bottom-line answers.

• A continuous, seamless effort, with few snags and surprises.

• Freedom from close, continuous supervision from more senior sporting officials within and outside the sporting organization you work within.

• Work of a more technical nature, rather than work involving an intense degree of people contacts.

• Objective, non-emotional thinking and analysis.

• • A systematic approach to your work and projects, with clear tasks for all.

I think some of these are true, like work of a more technical nature, rather than work involving an intense degree of people contacts and objective, non-emotional thinking and analysis. But I think a continuous, seamless effort, with few snags and surprises are not very true. I think I am a person need some challenge of surprise.

Actually, I think I like do my work in a creative environment, everyone can fully use their imagination to make miracles. I don’t want to do something very steady or security, and I like do something with challenge. I don’t want to work in an environment that one person can dominates the whole process, and I like the environment that everyone can receive respect.

UNDER STRESS, HOW DO YOU APPEAR?  (Page 12)

• Resentful and critical of others who may make errors.

• Withdrawn from their role in the team.

• Resistant to changes in game plans, technical aspects or other set plans.

• Unable to stick to set time frames for previously planned actions.

• • Slow to begin training session or take actions.

I think I will not critical of others who may make errors under stress. In most cases, I will blame myself more than others when I under stress. And I will faster my process when I under stress. But I think I will give others motivation too when the stress is very high to our whole organization, so we can have enough motivation to handle the problem.

I think these sentences are not very true. I don’t think I am a person that easy to quit or change our organization’s plan. Even in some tough situations, I will keep going. But I will make some change if the change can make contribution to our organization. Another one is “slow to begin training session or take actions.” I think that is not me too, I think I will move faster than normal time when I under stress. So, I think stress can be a good thing in some situations, but it will be very bad to my health if I have too much stress. I think I need more ability to handle this situation.

UNDER STRESS, WHAT DO YOU NEED?  (Page 12)

• Guarantees that they are right in their decisions and plan of action.

• Accuracy of all details, facts and figures.

• • Enough quality time for "processing" information.

I think I will need enough time for “processing” information, and get the accuracy of all details, facts and figures. But I will not let the workers guarantees that they are right in their decisions and plan of action, instead I will let them do their best like me to make the job done.

I think I should be a model to other workers when our organization under stress. I need much more ability to control myself and learn how to change stress to motivation. I think it will be a good opportunity for a leader to use stress motivates the employees.

WHAT ARE YOUR TYPICAL BEHAVIORS DURING CONFLICT?  (Page 12)

• Since C's tend to focus on quality and their own high standards, they may become demanding in order to ensure compliance.

• Although C's generally avoid overt conflict, they may speak out on a matter of principle in order to protect their high standards.

• C's are quite uncomfortable with overt conflict, aggression and anger. C's will do whatever they can to avoid these situations and to avoid individuals with whom they have a disagreement.

I think most of these are right. I don’t want follow others’ command, because I already have high motivation to myself. I have high standard for myself to do my work, and I don’t like compliance. I don’t like conflict with others and I always want keep the high standards. But if the conflict is necessary and benefit to our company, I will not avoid it even it is uncomfortable for me. Actually, I often have conflicts that not because myself but for the organization. All in all, I don’t think that I am a person who always wants to avoid conflicts. And in most cases, I will resolve the conflicts through effective communication. I will find the person and talk with him privately.

WHAT ARE YOUR STRATEGIES TO REDUCE CONFLICT AND INCREASE HARMONY?  (Page 12)

• Recognize that others may be more comfortable dealing with conflict, anger, and aggression. Expressions of anger or somewhat aggressive behavior by others are not necessarily personal attacks on you.

• Be more open with your friends, teammates and coworkers, sharing your feelings, needs and concerns with them.

• Be sure to share the reasoning behind your decisions. Failure to do so makes them seem arbitrary.

I think these are good for me to deal with conflict. To know that anger or somewhat aggressive behavior by others are not necessarily personal attacks on me. And I need more open with my friend, teammates and coworkers, sharing my feelings, needs and concerns with them. I think show the reasoning behind my decision is right to avoid them seem arbitrary. After knowing that, I can increase harmony with others.

HOW SHOULD OTHERS COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?  (Page 13)

Provide logical and practical evidence.

• Do your homework, because he will have already done his share of it.

• Make an organized appeal for your support and contributions.

• Keep on task with the business agenda.

• Provide a specific, step-by-step timetable with names and responsibilities.

• Assure him that there won't be surprises.

• • Prepare your case in advance; don't 'wing-it' using charm alone.

I think most of these are right. I like others give me logical and practical evidence, because I already do my own. And I like others do their work on time. And I like others provide a specific, step-by-step timetable.  But I think I like surprises, so I will be very happy if someone can give me some surprises. And in work, I like others to do their homework.

I think I am a person who always prepare myself for my work, and I know that others maybe not do this much, so I can have some advantages in this situation.

HOW SHOULD OTHERS NOT COMMUNICATE WITH YOU?  (Page 13)

• Be disorganized or sloppy.

• Be casual, informal, or loud.

• Rush the issues or the decision-making process.

• Be unrealistic with deadlines.

• Use someone else's opinions as evidence.

• Push too hard.

• • Use quick manipulations of ideas.

Most of these are true. I don’t like others disorganize or sloppy. I don’t like people talk with me with informal or loud sound, but I can accept these in some situations. For example, it is a command form the high level of our organization. And push too hard is not good for me, so don’t let me rush the issues and the decision-making process. Actually, I hate unrealistic deadlines. But I think I can understand others if they are doing some emergency things, I can cooperate with them in this situation.

All in all, I think that is true. But I will not be serious if someone did this for me. Because I can understand them, no one is perfect.

WHEN YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE DOMINANT STYLE, WHAT ARE THEIR CHARACTERISTICS?  (Page 14)

Concerned with being #1

Think logically

Want facts and highlights

Strive for results

Like personal choices

Like changes

Prefer to delegate

Want others to notice accomplishments

Need to be in charge

Tendency towards conflict

I think this information can give us an outline about D style’s characteristics, and that can help us communicate with them effectively. D style like to be the leader, they think logically and strive results. And they like personal choices and changes. Want others to notice accomplishments and have tendency towards conflicts. I think all these qualities are right about D.

HOW SHOULD YOU COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE DOMINANT STYLE?  (Page 14)

• Show them how to win, new opportunities
  • Display reasoning
  • Provide concise data
  • Agree on goal and boundaries, the support or get out of their way
  • Allow them to “do their thing,” within limits
  • Vary routine
  • Look for opportunities to modify their workload focus
  • Compliment them on what they’ve done
  • Let them take the lead, when appropriate, but give them parameters
  • If necessary, argue with conviction on points of disagreement, backed up with facts; don’t argue on a “personality” basis

I think these methods can give us advantages to communicate with the people who are Dominant style. When I communicate with D, I will show them how to win and what is the new opportunity. I think provide the concise data is my strength. Like argue with conviction on points of disagreement, backed up with facts but don’t argue on a “personality” basis. And give them more freedom to do the things.

I think I get more information about how to communicate with D. In my opinion, it depends on the specific situation to decide which one is the best method to effectively communicate with them.

WHEN YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE INFLUENCING STYLE, WHAT ARE THEIR CHARACTERISTICS?  (Page 14)

Concerned with approval and appearances

Seek enthusiastic people and situations

Think emotionally

Want to know the general expectations

Need involvement and people contact

Like changes and innovations

Want others to notice THEM

Often need help getting organized

Look for action and stimulation

Surround themselves with optimism

Want feedback that they “look good”

I think these characteristics are definitely the Influencing style. They like seek enthusiastic people and situation. They like think emotionally, want to know the general expectations. They need involvement and like others to notice them and surround themselves with optimism. I want feedback that they “look good.” These information can give us advantages to communicate with I style.

HOW SHOULD YOU COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE INFLUENCING STYLE?  (Page 14)

• Show them that you admire and like them
  • Behave optimistically and provide upbeat setting
  • Support their feelings when possible
  • Avoid involved details, focus on the “big picture”
  • Interact and participate with them
  • Vary the routine; avoid requiring long-term repetition by them
  • Compliment them personally and often
  • Do it together
  • Keep up a fast, lively, pace
  • Support their ideas and don’t poke holes in their dreams; show them your positive side
  • Mention their accomplishments, progress and your other genuine appreciation

I think this information is very helpful to me when I communicate with Influencing style people. Because I style are very concerned about people. I will show them that I admire and like them. I think interact and participate with them are very important. The think I should adapt is that I have to avoid involved details. So we can focus our attention on the “big picture.” I will vary the routine and compliment them personally. I will always do something with them and show my support to their ideas. I should mention their accomplishments and progress too. All that can give me a tool to effectively communicate with them.

WHEN YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE STEADY STYLE, WHAT ARE THEIR CHARACTERISTICS?  (Page 15)

• Concerned with stability
  • Think logically
  • Want documentation and facts
  • Like personal involvement
  • Need to know step-by-step sequence
  • Want others to notice their patient perseverance
  • Avoid risks and changes
  • Dislike conflict
  • Accommodate others
  • Look for calmness and peace
  • Enjoy teamwork
  • Want sincere feedback that they’re appreciated

I think this information give us an outline about the Steady style person. Of course, the S concerned with stability and they will avoid risks and changes. The good part is that they think logically and want documentation and facts. They don’t like conflict and look for calmness and peace. They like teamwork and sincere feedback that they are appreciated. That information is very useful for me to know about S’s characteristics.

HOW SHOULD YOU COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE STEADY STYLE?  (Page 15)

• Show how your idea minimizes risk
  • Show reasoning
  • Provide data and proof
  • Demonstrate your interest in them
  • Provide outline and/or one-two-three instructions as you personally “walk them through”
  • Compliment them for their steady follow-through
  • Give them personal assurances
  • Act non-aggressively, focus on common interest or needed support
  • Allow them to provide support for others
  • Provide a relaxing, friendly atmosphere
  • Provide them with a cooperative group
  • Acknowledge their easygoing manner and helpful efforts when appropriate

That information can give me advantage when I work with S’s styles. Depends on that, I will show them the minimize risk and seasoning, because they don’t want do something with risk. I will show them the data and proof that can let them buy in. Or give them personal assurances is a good idea too. I think it is very hart to work with S to do some things with risk, like start your own company. But the other side, I think S will give you the stable advice when you make decisions.

WHEN YOU ARE COMMUNICATING WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE CONSCIENTIOUS STYLE, WHAT ARE THEIR CHARACTERISTICS?  (Page 15)

• Concerned with aggressive approaches
  • Think logically
  • Seek data
  • Need to know the process
  • Utilize caution
  • Prefer to do things themselves
  • Want others to notice their accuracy
  • Gravitate toward quality control
  • Avoid conflict
  • Need to be right
  • Like to contemplate

Actually, I am a C. So I think most of these characteristics are right. I like to contemplate and avoid conflict. And I need to know the process and details. But I don’t want others always say I am accuracy, because maybe I am wrong. So, this information can help me know more about myself and the people have the same characteristics.

I think I am a person like teamwork. I don’t want do things only by myself.

HOW SHOULD YOU COMMUNICATE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE CONSCIENTIOUS STYLE?  (Page 15)

• Approach them in an indirect, nonthreatening way
  • Show your reasoning
  • Give data to them in writing
  • Provide explanations and rationale
  • Allow them to think, inquire and check before they make decisions
  • When delegating, let them check procedures, and other progress and performance before they make decisions
  • Compliment them on their thoroughness and correctness when appropriate
  • Let them assess and be involved in the process when possible
  • Tactfully ask for clarification and assistance you may need
  • Allow them time to find the best or “correct” answer, within available limits
  • Tell them “why” and “how”

After read that, I think that is the ways I want others treat me. I like others show me their reasoning, and give me time to think, inquire and check before I make decision.  And I like others to give me enough time to find the best way to handle the things. And more than that, I can know the ways how to communicate with the same style’s person. Depend on the fact that I always want to know the reason to do a thing, so it is better to tell me “why.”

WHAT ARE YOUR POTENTIAL AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT (Page 16)

May be so quiet in a team meeting that others may question what your opinion really is.

• May avoid taking responsibility for problems that might occur.

• May get overly bogged down in details, especially as a safety blanket when the climate becomes pressured.

• In forming teams, may select many people like yourself.

• May be overly defensive about your position, especially when faced with change or threats.

• May require a complete explanation of details before changes are made.

• You do not like to make waves, so therefore may not be verbal with feelings and opinions, especially if they run contrary to the group.

I think this information is very important for me. I can know the potential areas for improvement to raise my abilities. For example, I should be more active in team meetings, and take more responsibility for problems. I need to avoid overly bogged down in details. And I must be more open to changes and threats, and use the opportunities to make a better self. I should avoid that select many people like myself to forming a team.

Another thing I think I should improve is that I must have more confidence and determination. I must make my mind to do the right thing. And I must find the thing I love to do.

AFTER HAVING READ YOUR MANAGERDISC REPORT UNTIL THIS POINT (Page 16), READ YOUR ANWERS TO THE THREE “PERSONAL REVIEW QUESTIONS” (Page 18).  WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR THREE ANSWERS NOW?  ARE YOUR ANSWERS CONSISTENT WITH THE INFORMATION YOU READ IN THE MANAGERDISC REPORT?   WHY?

Actually, these are my answers:

What behaviors do you consider to be your strengths in relation to your role?

Goal setting, persistent, patience, determination, will, tolerant, kind.

What behaviors do you consider to be your limitations in relation to your role?

communication, relationship, good mixer

What behaviors do you commit to improve and what would the payoffs be when

you make these improvements?

communication, relationship and good mixer.

I think my payoff is sometimes I can not be myself. And use much more time to stay with others.

I

I think these answers are right. And some of them are consistent with the information I read in my MANAGERDISC report. Especially the C’s characteristic “prefer to do things themselves”, so maybe this character has limited my willing to communicate with other people, and mixer skills. And I think maybe I don’t know myself fully, so there are some characters I don’t mention in this part.

ARE YOUR ADAPTED AND NATURAL MANAGERDISC STYLES THE SAME OR DIFFERENT?  EXPLAIN ALL SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCES.  (Page 19)

My adapted and natural MANAGERDISC styles are different. My adapted style indicates I am a SDc style, and my natural shows me a Cs style. My I is about the same, it is below 20 in both graph. And others are different. My S (above 70) is the highest in my adapted style, but My C (above 80) is the highest in my Natural style.  And my D is under 70 in my adapted style, but it is about 50 in my natural style. S is the highest in my Adapted style, but is little lower in my Natural style (under 60).

LIST YOUR 12 INTEGRATED DISC STYLE RELATIONSHIPS/BEHAVIOR (IN ORDER FROM 1-12 (HIGH INTENSITY TO LOW INTENSITY)).  (Pages 23-25)

1. Correctness Behavior (C/I) [High Intensity]

The Correctness behavior measures the need to operate within established structure, procedure,

systems and rules in light of the need for contact with people expressed by establishing, retaining and supporting personal relationships. High Scores suggest reliance upon logical factual and established data and protocols. Low Scores suggest following less established protocols and considering more emotional and persuasive influence from others.

2. Reflective Behavior (S/I) [High Moderate Intensity]

The Reflective score measures the intensity of the person’s degree of care in crafting their words and actions in light of the need to expressively engage and interact with others. This behavior measures the approach to logic, data and factual analysis and it measures the desire to take some time to carefully consider plans and actions prior to implementation. High scores reflect great care and thoughtfulness

in creating words and taking actions. Low Scores reflect a freewheeling and confident belief that most if not all social interactions can be handled on the fly.

3. Collaborative Behavior (C/D) [High Moderate Intensity]

The Collaborative score reflects the intensity for using structure, established procedures, systems and rules to guide their work in light of the need to get things done, achieve results and move forward. This style seeks to avoid confrontation and will work toward finding solutions that are supported by others and work within the established guidelines. High Scores favor a strong need to comply with standards and adherence to policies and conventional practices. Low Scores suggest a need to control events in order to more freely make progress without being constrained by established guidelines and policies

4. Directness (D/I) [High Moderate Intensity]

The Directness score measures the intensity for using a direct, straight line approach to accelerate the achievement of results. It reflects a capacity to prioritize tasks while subordinating a relationship focus. High scores suggest a willingness to make difficult decisions and remain firm in supporting those choices. Low scores reflect an emphasis on "humanizing" directness and energizing social interaction.

5. Perceptive Behavior (C/S) [High Moderate Intensity]

The Perceptive score measures the desire to operate within established structure, procedures, systems and rules in light of the degree of urgency required to address immediate problems, challenges and opportunities. It is a measure of a person’s awareness of their current circumstances. High scores reflect a desire to strive for fail-safe environments reflecting the accuracy of your facts and thoroughness of

your preparation. Low Scores suggest a greater focus on steadiness and supporting current procedures and processes.

6. Pace and Accommodation Behavior (S/D) [Moderate Intensity]

The Pace and Accommodation score measures the intensity of the capacity to work at a steady and slower pace in light of the willingness to tolerate difficult and unfamiliar circumstances. High scores will reflect the capacity to consider and support alternative solutions when working with others. Low Scores reflect far less accommodation amplified by a higher sense of urgency and "results now" focus.

7. Self-Determination (D/S) [Moderate Intensity]

The Self Determination score measures the intensity of the results oriented drive supported by an emphasis on urgency and action. This style combines the drive of a self-starter with a clear need to take actions that address problems, challenges and opportunities. High scores maintain consistent progress toward their goal(s) with impatience toward those who do not keep pace with their personal timetable. Low scores would not exhibit high urgency and will take time to carefully consider their plans and actions before they act.

8. Persistence Behavior (S/C) [Low Moderate Intensity]

The Persistence score measures the intensity for displaying predictable patterns that stay on task and support current procedures and processes in light of the need for correctness of action, accuracy of information and thoroughness of preparation. High scores will place a greater emphasis on group and team support and reflect a style that favors careful planning. Low scores reflect a need to develop and

support established guidelines and standards.

9. Sociable Behavior (I/D) [Low Moderate Intensity]

The Sociable score measures the intensity of the relationship between the person’s outgoing verbal and non-verbal behaviors and their lack of directness. It reflects the degree of willingness to accommodate, support and oblige others. It also identifies the interest in assisting others to succeed and achieve their goals. High scores reflect an emphasis on social interaction rather than routine tasks. Low scores

reflect a willingness to make difficult decisions, remain firm in supporting those choices energized by a focus on achieving results.

10. Individualistic Behavior (D/C) [Low Moderate Intensity]

The Individualistic score reflects the intensity of the assertive and independent approach toward tackling problems, challenges and opportunities while maintaining freedom from controls. High scores will not likely be deterred by potential restraints or established procedures as they pursue their goals and objectives. Low scores favor a strong adherence to policy and conventional practices.

11. Vitality Behavior (I/S) [Low Moderate Intensity]

The Vitality score measures the intensity of the relationship between using an outwardly expressive style when interacting with people and the amount of energy expended to urgently move matters forward. High scores reflect a freewheeling, confident and engaging style that will likely be interested in new ideas and topics and the outgoing demonstration of that interest may be a source of influence on others. Low scores reflect thoughtfulness and great care in crafting words and actions to support steady progress towards a goal.

12. Self-Assured Behavior (I/C) [Low Intensity]

The Self-Assured score measures the intensity of the relationship between projecting social confidence in a variety of social situations in light of the attention paid to established social boundaries, rules and guidelines. High scores in this factor can sometimes lead to over confidence, willingness to improvise and take spontaneous actions rather than preparing in advance. Low scores reflect a cautious and conscientious approach to taking action based on the evidence contained in the relevant data.

AFTER READING THE EXPLANATIONS OF ALL 12 BEHAVIORS AND SEEING YOUR INTENSITY RESULTS, HOW ACCURATE ARE THESE RESULTS?  DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH THESE RESULTS?  WHY?  EXPLAIN.  (Pages 23-25)

After reading all the explanations, I think most of these are accurate. I agree with these results. Like the first one (Correctness Behavior), that suggest I highly reliance upon logical factual and established data and protocols. I think that is true for me. The second one shows that I very care and thoughtful in creating words and taking actions. And after that, let’s see the lower results. Like number 11, I think I am a person reflect thoughtfulness and great care in choosing words and actions to support steady progress towards a goal. And the final one show me the same person that reflect a cautious and conscientious approach to taking action based on the evidence contained in the relevant data.

I think most of these results are right, because I will be very careful and analysis many information when I make important decisions.

BASED ON YOUR “D-I-S-C” RESULTS (Page 6, Page 19 & Page 26), LOOK AT THE OVERVIEW OF THE FOUR BASIC DISC STYLES (Page 28).  HOW CLOSELY DO THE WORDS IN THE COLUMN(S) WHICH REPRESENT YOU (YOUR RESULTS), MATCH YOU?  EXPLAIN.

In my view, the words are very closely to represent me. I am a person like systematic pace, step by step is my favorite strategy. And I seek accuracy and precision when I doing my work. I always make a plan or orchestration before I do something, I also have a plan to my life. I absolutely agree that perfectionist, critical and unresponsive are my weak parts, I always say I am not good enough or critic myself and others. So that will pull me back and let me prepare too much to take actions. I must change this behavior. I agree I fear personal criticism of my efforts, so I always use too much time to avoid make mistakes. I must deal this problem too. I can remember that I will be angry when my class disorganization or impropriety. I make myself feel security through preparation and thoroughness. And I will be very happy if someone appreciate my work result. And finally, I do agree my strength in sporting environment is formal, functional and structured. My favorite word is “practical”.

BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOUT HOW TO IDENTIFY ANOTHER PERSON’S BEHAVIORAL STYLE (Pages 29-30), HOW WOULD YOU GO ABOUT DETERMINING ANOTHER PERSON’S BEHAVIORAL STYLE?  (DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE TEXT)  EXPLAIN.

I think I will be a person who always communicate with others in a direct way and feel very good. And they are very sensitive about others’ judges. D will be very direct and want make decision in a group, and they want others to buy in. They will be a little angry if others’ don’t listen to them. And they can easy make conflict with others. D has potential to be a dictator. S is the person who seeks peace and stable life. I think they don’t like change or do some risk things.

And C will be indirect in most situations, and they always look for precision.

CAN YOU IDENTIFY MY (DR. HEDLUND), ANY OF YOUR CLASSMATES’, OR ANY COACHES’, ATHLETES’, MANAGERS’ OR OTHERS’ RESULTS? 

I know you (DR.HEDLIND) are DI, and Ken is I. And I think Micheal Jodan is D.

WITHOUT COPYING AND PASTING TEXT, WHAT IS BEHAVIORAL ADAPTABILITY?  (Page 31)  WHY IS BEHAVIORAL ADAPTABILITY IMPORTANT?  EXPLAIN.  HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU CAN ADAPT YOUR BEHAVIORS TO OTHERS?  (Consider information on Page 32)  EXPLAIN.

Adaptability is an important ability that you are willingness to change your behavior approach and strategy on the particular needs of situation or relationship at a particular time. It means adjusting yourself to communicate with other styles.

Obviously, adaptability is very important. Because people are so different, you can not only communicate with the people you like so suitable. To be a leader, you must communicate with different types of people.  Almost all successful relationships need some degree of sacrifice. Adaptability can helps you to avoid or manage tense situation too.

I think I can improve my adaptability to others. First, I must have the willingness to do that. And I must have the right direction to change my behavior. The text gives me a lot of useful information. And I think these are the most important thing I need to change. I must speak, move and make decisions at a faster pace, initiate conversation and decision, use a strong, confident voice, take time to develop the relationship and be willing to digress from the agenda. I think habits are very difficult to change, but I will do my best.

BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOUT TENSIONS AMONG STYLES (Pages 33-34), WITH WHICH TYPE OF MANAGERDISC BEHAVIORAL PROFILE DO YOU THINK YOU WILL HAVE THE MOST AMOUNT OF TENSION?

I think I will have the most amount of tension with D. Because I am high on CS, so I will focus on exercising patience assure accuracy and avoid errors can conflict with the high D focus on results, do it now solutions, and immediate action. Another one is I. I focus on people, but I think I am a task-oriented style. But I think I have ability to adapt to all kinds of styles to make out work done.

COMPLETE THE “TENSION AMONG THE STYLES” WORKSHEET BELOW (Page 35).  HOW CAN YOU DECREASE THE TENSION WITH TWO OTHER PEOPLE? (Also consider Pages 36-39)

RELATIONSHIP 1:

First Name:  Jane

Their ManagerDISC Style: C

Their Pace: slower-paced

Their Priority: Goal/task-oriented

Differences in Preferences:  no

Strategy to Reduce Tension with Them:

I will be thorough, well prepared, detail-oriented, “business-like” and patient. When working with them, I allow them to share their knowledge and expertise with others. At important meetings, I will prepare so that I can answer as many of their questions as soon as possible. In social or other settings, I will listen to their concerns, reasoning, and suggestions. These are my strategies to reduce the tension with him.

RELATIONSHIP 2:

First Name: John

Their ManagerDISC Style: I

Their Pace: Faster-paced

Their Priority: People-oriented

Differences in Preferences: pace and priority

Strategy to Reduce Tension with Them:

I will be more personal, social, upbeat, general, faster -paced and be interested in them. When I work with him, I will help him in prioritize and organize. When at important meeting, I will show that I am interested in them, let them talk, and allow my animation and enthusiasm emerge. And I will support their dreams and goals if that’s right. In social or other settings, I will focus on a positive, upbeat, warm approach and listen to their personal feelings and experiences. I will give him my attention when I communicate with them.

OBSERVER FEEDBACK:

INVITE TWO PEOPLE WHO KNOW YOU (FRIENDS & FAMILY) TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING THREE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU.  TYPE THEIR ANSWERS INTO THE CORRECT AREA.  THEN, RESPOND TO WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT YOU.  DID THE TWO PEOPLE TELL YOU THINGS YOU KNOW OR DID NOT KNOW?  DO THE TWO PEOPLE SEE YOU IN THE SAME WAY YOU SEE YOURSELF?

OBSERVER 1:

What behaviors do you consider to be [YOUR NAME]’s strengths in relation to [YOUR NAME]’s role?

Chenghao has confidence, dream and passion. He has high motivation when he did his job and communicated with others. He has clear goals about what he wants to do. He has a lot of work experiences before and that can give him advantage to fulfill his dream.

I think this information is real. I have dream and passion, and I have a lot of motivation to make it come true. And I do different jobs before, like coach, teacher and club runner. So I have some job experience.

What behaviors do you consider to be [YOUR NAME]’s limitations in relation to [YOUR NAME]’s role?

The limitation is relationship. You are too concern whether the others think like you. Improve the adoptability when communicate with others. 

I think that is true. I think I should accept the people who are think different with me. Because the environment are so diverse nowadays, I must communicate with people have different styles. And I must enhance my adoptability too.

What behaviors do you believe [YOUR NAME] could improve and what would the payoffs be if [YOUR NAME] made these improvements?

You can improve your relationship skill or communication skill. Another one is you cannot let the environment to influence you. You must adapt many different environments. If you did that enhance, you will be a better leader, and let yourself less pain. Finally, you can make your dream come true.

I think it is very true. I think I must improve my communication skills. And I will not let the environment influence me, so I must have a strong heart. Then I enhance that, I think I will become more successful.

OBSERVER 2:

-His overall quality

-talents and excellence in sports

-goal-oriented. Once he sets his goal, he’ll make every effort to achieve his goal. E.g. learning English and making his dream (pursue further study in the U.S.) come true.

-determined, strong-willed, tough, like challenges, competitive, ambitious

-perseverant

-quick in thinking and learning things,

-focus on what he is interested in; devoted to what he is doing

-strong desire to win

-has the experiences in running his own business

-went through hard times

-He got full scores in a personality quiz, which showed that he is super-achiever

-able to do work independently

-develop good relationship with others

-inquisitive; learn from other people’s experiences as well as his

I think this information can show my strength. I am a determined, strong-willed, tough, like challenges, competitive, ambitious person. And this an information come from my teacher, and I think she know me a lot. I can notice what I am good about. That can help me in my future work.

-too anxious for success, or sometimes, rushing for quick results

-sometimes he may go out of temper when things go bad.

-his knowledge in management and related fields is not enough

-English

I think this information can show me exactly what limited my capabilities. Sometimes, I have no patience in doing something. And I think I need to improve my management ability, that is reason my I study here. My English is not good enough is true, so I must improve my English. This information can help me to know what limited me to achieve my career goals. I think it is very useful and I will work on these things.

-learn to be more patient and calm when facing the unexpected

-acquire more knowledge and learn to employ strategies in business management and related fields

-continue to improve his English

If he made these improvements, he could exceed his peers and make remarkable accomplishment.

I think this is obviously true. I need more patience and calm to handle something unexpected. And I need acquire more knowledge and learn to employ strategies in business management and related fields. Of course, I need to improve my English as well as my manage skills. If I can do this thing well, I can make my dream come true.

OVERALL, HOW ACCURATE (DO YOU THINK) ARE YOUR MANAGERDISC RESULTS?  EXPLAIN.  WHAT IS THE MOST SUPRISING THING YOU LEARNED?  WHAT IS THE LEAST SURPRISING THING YOU LEARNED?  EXPLAIN.

I think the hardest thing is to know yourself, the true you. The Manager DISC is an excellent tool for us to learn ourselves, and will continue help us in the future work. I scored as 84 “c” and 58 “s”.

I think the adaptation style is very important in different situations. It is very different when you train kids and adults, and the people from different cultures.

But the most surprising thing is we can learn our strengths as well as weaknesses through this DISC. The strength is that I will get as much information as possible before I make some decisions, but sometimes you have to make decisions in a limited time. As a leader, I should get the important information and make decisions quickly. Another thing is that I always ask “why?” like the report said.

Another surprising think is I know more about myself from my teachers and friends through observer feedback. These information can help me handle my limitation and stronger my strengths.