My Teaching Philosophy on Technology Integration

Technology means so much to me and has embedded itself so deeply into my life; therefore, I cannot help but think of how big of an impact it has on the lives of children nowadays, who were born in a society where technology is everywhere and is easily accessible.  According to the text, Transforming Learning with New Technologies, we now have an iGeneration of technology users, students who grew up using technology as part of their daily lives (Maloy, Verock-O’Loughlin, Edwards, & Woolf, 2013, p. 3).  It is amazing how students can now gain access to vast sources of information by merely typing key words into the search engine, Google.  There are also young kids who carry around a cell phone, a smartphone even, and can easily navigate through them with more prowess than an adult.  Moreover, according to the text, students must be able to comprehend technology-based literacies, proficiently use technology tools, build good communication and social skills, analyze information from different sources and medias in order to live and work in the modern, 21st century (Maloy et al., 2013, p. 11).  Therefore, for an aspiring teacher such as myself, or for a teacher who wants to become an effective teacher, I would love to incorporate technology into my lessons to meet the needs of today’s students.  Based on an education course on technology integration, I learned how to create my own WebQuest, lesson trailer, and digital story.  I learned about the significance of using universal design for learning (UDL), Web 2.0 tools, and assistive technologies to create the best learning experiences for my students.  To be able to use technology-based teaching tools for whole-class instruction, for small group instruction, or even for individual students who need programs to assist in their learning is something I want to be able to achieve in my future classroom for my diverse learners.

Work Cited

Maloy, R., Verock-O’Loughlin, R., A. Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (n.d.). Transforming

learning with new technologies (2nd ed.). Pearson