In spring 2012, I had the opportunity of a lifetime. I was given the chance to both study and live in Paris, Rome, and Seville. On January 12, 2012, I embarked on a journey that changed my life. As I was traveling to the airport, I was holding my mother's hand crying; not knowing what this adventure would bring. Little did I know that this trip would shape me forever. While I was abroad I had the chance to see amazing architecture, monuments, and scenery. I also had the opportunity to do service in these countries. In Paris and Seville I was placed in a school setting to help students perfect their English. The experience I had in these countries structured my vision for my future career, a bilingual speech pathologist. During my time abroad, I also got to visit other countries on weekends. One of my favorite weekend trips was La Coruna, Spain. Here I had the chance to visit the town my grandmother was from. I stayed in my mother’s cousins home and she showed me around the town. I even got to go inside my great grandmother’s home! It was a life changing experience! After my adventure abroad, I feel more appreciative than ever. I hope to continue traveling, and possibility one day teach in a third world country!  

My mother, grandmother, and I in La Coruna, Spain. 

My great grandmother's home in Spain!