Working in academia gives me opportunities to publish works in my field.  This section has links to my publications.  More to come!

Click on the thumbnails below to get information about each publication. 

Transforming Language Learning Textbook into Virtual Travel

I wrote this chapter proposal with my colleague Diane Paravazian.  It was submitted for the Classroom 2.0 book project.  The chapter detailed a project that we did with her Advanced French Grammar course.  This assignment uses a Wiki, images related to course content, and other technology, designed to engage students in applying the 5 C’s of the National Foreign Language Standards: communication, cultures, connections, comparisons, and communities.  Students apply assignment guidelines and information from the textbook to design virtual tours in Paris. The premise is that movement, even virtual, promotes the development of fluency. With the use of Google Maps and Screen-Cast-O-Matic, they travel through Paris and record dialogues they have created. These dialogues are then uploaded to YouTube,and linked to a wiki. They are used in class for further practice, conversation, and peer learning.  Instructors assess student work and design strategies for effective learning. Technology specialists evaluate the effectiveness of the 2.0 tools to meet course objectives.

Click below to read it.  The chapter has a chance of being included in a print book on emerging technologies in education.  The more reads and downloads we get the better chance we have.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100899620/Diane-Paravazian-and-Gina-Marandino-Virtual-Travel