Can You Say: A C T I V I S M

A D V O C A C Y

1- Endometriosis Flashmobs

The activist in me, always dares to do anything in the name of justice. This picture spells out BRAVE. For me this day was filled with empowerment and growth. A felt like an organizer and a leader along with many other leaders of my community. The signs say it all, End it now, it hurts, listen to us, my endometriosis and my period symptoms are more painful than my cancer, said by a true cancer survivor. We must remember that  just because someone is not in a wheelchair and in a death bed, it does not mean they are not sick. 

2- Academic Service Learning- The Romero Center.

You say you love the poor, so name them. This quote stood with me throughout my two day service trip to the Romero Center. There I saw the face of God in two men who were there to get a meal. I remember how hard and a difficult task it was to prepare their gym for meal time and to organize their food pantry, but it was all possible with my classmates. I saw God in them. 

3- Paris, France, Architecture and its History.

I learned in abundance of the history of churches and what they mean to Paris. 

It seems like most of them were built in forgiveness for something that was done in the French Revolution. This day was cold, and we walked a lot, but We saw a tour of the city and its most diverse place. I enjoyed the beauty of history and of every character the tour guy spoke about. 

4- The Philadelphia Plunge- Spring 2014-Repairing a Home.

The Philadelphia plunge was a week long service experience where I had the opportunity to live in faith and growth with twelve other students. One of the days we spend about six hours repairing a home for a family. It was my first time doing such work, and I enjoyed it for it made me realize that I have a passion for building homes for the poor. The stories read in Seeds of Hope, remind me of the reconstruction of one city and how that created jobs, income and a healthy community. 

5- A sign of Hope-

This picture remainded my background when I was in difficult situations. For me it symbolizes something that I can contribute to every situation, that is love. With this picture accompanying me, I was able to understand that no matter what the situation was, bad or good, I could solve it with love. Love can be the solution to anything and everything. 

6-The Eiffel Tower- Paris, France.

Speaking of Hope, what better sign of hope than this beautiful image. The one thing you wont miss when your in Paris, the Eiffel Tower. This day was fantastic, and it made me realize all the possibilities of Life. The Eiffel Tower was huge, I climb it, and it was terrifying, yet it has its way of inspiring you to overcome the obstacles of life. 

7- Fly, fly I call this one.

Many times in life, we find ourselves trying, working hard and yet we do not see the results immediately, this happened to me while attempting to jump and capture a picture. It took me several jumps to achieve it. Life is not about being able to jump, but how many times you jumped. For this reason, fly, fly and never attempt to quit. 

8- About to land in France.

This picture takes me back thousands of miles away. It gives me shivers because it means I overcame my deepest fear. It represents dedication, preserverance and commitment to the future me. I know that my goal is to to work globally and so France was the beggining of that. Although, I was terrified, it shaped my faith to be stronger. Jesus was with me in that flight. I learned to trust him.