Shaping a Congruent Life- Learning from the Wise Men

To always keep going, and to try and study extra hours, and if possible take casses to improve your weaknesses. - Professor Tomic Igor 

His advice seemed genuine and honest. He knew that I had tried my best in his class, and he recognized that. It feels good to have Professors who see beyond your test scores and your GRE’s. I learned from him that the best thing I can do is look for help. I can always improve myself.

Tomic’s example will stay with me when I become a professor. I will remember that every student has personal struggles. I will encourage room for improvement. I will be considerate of everyone’s needs. I will set the example, and I will encourage improvement and growth as he does with all his students.

Learning from others is something that reminds me of France. The days we spend together as a team. The difficult days we went through with the attacks, and how we stayed together and learned from each other’s bravery; it reminds me of team work, change, improving one, and their weaknesses. I flew ten hours, my weakness was the phobia of flying and I tried it. I succeeded at improving my weaknesses and shortcomings. In fact, when I was in that airplane, as motivation, I thought of all the Professors including Tomic who are Fulbright scholars and do work abroad. I thought of them because I want to be someone who does research abroad. In Tomic’s office there was recognition from Brazil that alone makes me want to become a scholar of the world. To think that other people travel many miles abroad, is prove that anything is possible and that I can be like them.