After completing my service as Provost of the University (2000-2012), I returned to teaching in the Department of Theology and Religious Studies of St. John's College of Liberal Arts and Sciences where I have been on the Faculty at St. John's University since 1980.

During the 2012-2013 academic year I was on sabbatical with time to study, travel, write and be refreshed.  You can read about my adventures in the travel and current research sections here.

A native New Yorker I have taught a section of Discover New York every fall since the course was introduced in 2001.  It has been an opportunity to learn more about the city's history myself and explore it first hand with students.  What fun!

In Spring 2012 I taught an "experimental" new course.  Intended to be a university capstone course, Shaping a Congruent Life (THE 3050) began in Paris the first week of January and continued online for the rest of the semester.  The 34 students enrolled were all graduating seniors. The course was later approved as a regular course (with a different title) so that other Theology professors can teach it as well and perhaps other disciplines adapt it to provide alternative core capstone experiences for students.  I was privileged to teach the revised course, The Challenge of Identity, Spirituality and Living in a Global World in Spring 2014 and teaching it again in Spring 2015.