Marianne Brennan 

I am a Children's Library Assistant at Wyckoff Public Library in Wyckoff, New Jersey. I graduated with an MLS from St. John's University, in Queens, New York, in January 2020. Prior tp St. John's, I earned 

my undergraduate degree at Ramapo College of New Jersey, graduating in 2016 with a BA in Literature and a minor in Psychology. I have been working in public libraries since 2015. My first job was as an intern, at Worth-Pinkham Memorial Library, a small public library in Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey. In February 2016, I accepted my current position as a Children's Library Assistant at the Wyckoff Public Library.

Working with children in the library is something I am very passionate about, and derive great satisfaction from. Whether it's helping a child to find the right book, working to enhance early literacy skills through story time, or running an effective program that promotes personal and educational development as well as fun, I find the job of a children's librarian to be incredibly significant and rewarding. For this reason, I specialized in Youth Services while earning my MLS. 

My experiences over the last four years working in public libraries, along with my coursework at St. John's, and time spent working with Dr. Mary Brown at the Center for Migration Studies through the Academic-Service Learning program have helped start me on the path to being a well rounded information professional, giving me confidence in the profession and field I wish to pursue. It is my goal to eventually find a position as a children's librarian.