Graduate Assistant, Equipment Operations

St. John's University

Currently I am in my second year as a graduate assistant in equipment operations at St. John's. In my position I assist the Equipment Manager with apparel and equipment orders, distribution and inventory management for all 17 athletic programs at St. John's. Our official sponsor in athletics is Under Armour, but we also have contracts with Rawlings (Baseball uniform-provider) and Asics (volleyball & track competition footwear). In addition to inventory, ordering and distribution, I am co-responsible for the return-exchange process for the athletes, coaches and administrators. Finally, I also have the opportunity to write-up and design a fair amount of St. John's individual team apparel. 

Basketball Operations Assistant

Five Star Basketball

The spring and summer of 2016, I interned for Five Star Basketball. Five Star Basketball is an organization that hosts basketball instructional skills and technique camps for kids ages 9-18 years old. Five-Star office headquarters is located in Briarcliff Manor, NY. The organization rents the basketball and dormortority facilities of various universities/colleges in the U.S. for a duration of three days. In addition to it's camps, Five Star partners with Gatorade and Hoop Culture, who are the providers of their athletic gear and drink/food products. In addition, Five-Star has a decorated history of alum such as, Michael Jordan, Chris Mullin, LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Mike Krzyzewski and others. 

As an basketball operations assistant/intern, I helped managed all social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat) and communicated with former and potential campers to increase sales. In addition, I held sole responisbility for a total of 250-plus campers over the course of two weeks, distributed coaches contracts, operated payroll for ALL camp staff members and coaches, and reviwed financial reports at the conclusion of camps. My role with Five-Star came with more responsibilty than I could have ever imagined, but I felt that it was a great experience. 

Student Vice President of Operations

Augustana College Men's Club Basketball

In the short off-season, between football and track & field I worked for and played on the men's club basketball team. During my final year at Augustana College I had the honor of becoming the team's vice president. In my role as vice president of the team, I assisted the team president in total basketball operations. My duties included things such as planning travel arrangements (hotels, depature, etc), scheduling games, enrolling in tournaments and attending tournament meetings. I also worked alongside the team president and program director to manage and work within a small budget limit. Though this was a small role during my time in undergraduate, it was great practice for my career.  

Ticket Sales Intern

Staten Island Yankees

In the summer of 2014, I accepted an internship to work in the Staten Island Yankees (minor league affiliate of the New York Yankees) front office as an intern to the team's Ticket Sales Executives. The internship was my first experience in professional sports, as well as my first vist to New York. Working with the Staten Island Yankees allowed me to gain knowledge and hands-on experience in other areas other than my department. In addition to my ticket sales duties, I worked with the Director of Sposnorship to research new potential partners for the organization, as well as express my creativity when assisting Marketing and Promotions.