Interning with the New York Islanders has provided me with valuable insight and extensive experience into not only the day-to-day operations of a professional sports organization, but also a general overview and understanding into various departments.  The positions which I have held with the New York Islanders have demanded me use problem solving strategies and to challenge myself on a daily basis.  In addition, this internship demanded teamwork and taught me valuable skills while enduring the challenges of working in a professional environment.

Working as an intern in the Hockey Operations and Game Operations Departments has placed me in various situations where I was able to gain significant exposure and a clear understanding of the industry. On a daily basis, I had the opportunity to do various tasks and duties which taught me how a professional sports organization is run from within, and what it takes to run an organization of this magnitude. This internship has also given me the chance to witness the team work, effort and dedication that it takes to accomplish the goals of a successful organization. I feel that my internship with the New York Islanders has provided me with a strong foundation in which to build upon, and has ultimately given me a better understanding of the professional sports industry which will be beneficial in allowing me to pursue my goals.