Type of Course : At first I had no idea what type of course this would be, but I learned that it is just about getting exposure to different tools that are often used by English speakers to present data. It is also about being aware of the differences in intent of creating a map and the many different purposes that it is used for. This is not a course about content of maps in and for themselves; it's comparable to a course on how to use the internet because it shows the different ways you can find content, how the format of content shows its intent, and what the content is intended for without focusing on the content in itself.

My Connection to the Course : Though the valuable data we go over in this course is not the main point of it, I am hoping that viewing so much aggregate data on human caused issues can give me a better idea of how to live sustainably. I am not completely sure what it means to live a sustainable lifestyle for all, but I am hoping that I can learn so that I can be the change I wish to see in the world. I am the oldest child and my parents always told me to clean up after myself because I do not live alone and also because I have people around me who may follow my actions. I am trying to do my best to carry these lessons as I develop my executive skills.

Possible Application of the Material : In the future as a dermatological business I would like to use the mapping software in ARCGIS to map out comprehensive data about skin pantones locations and skin bacterial hubbing geographical locations. There is a lack of this data now so it would be useful to collect and display it publicly for knowledge on how to maintain health.