Analyzing Sea Ice Patterns

This portion of clsss required us to use Excel and ImageJ image editing software to view changes in sea ice. We first analyzed the trends for northern sea ice around the Hudson Bay, with the density standardized to anything above 15% being significant. The general trend lines showed that the area of ice has been decreasing at a rate of about 3% per year. 

Comparing this with the November Air temperature linear model we see that the temperatures hasn't changed much in temperature between 1978 -1997 for that region. This means that the sea ice is changing for some reason external to air climate change. 

However, reading this article: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asl.709/pdf

"The relationship between summer sea ice extent in Hudson Bay and the Arctic Ocean via the atmospheric circulation" by Masayo Ogi from the Royal Meteorological Society I was informed that the sea ice density loss is changing due to the air temperatures from the previous Spring season. I also learned that not only has the sea ice density decreased, but so has the time period of ice cover. Reading about this correlation is different from doing my own analysis by looking at data so I do wonder if there was something in my analysis that brought up misrepresented data.