Nathan Kensinger

“I have been exploring the abandoned and industrial edges of New York City since 2000. The spaces I photograph are typically off-limits to the public, located behind fences and walls. They are often in New York City’s most desolate and remote neighborhoods. These spaces contain hidden beauty, unwritten histories, and artifacts that are overlooked by society. My work documents what has been left behind, and what will soon vanish
from New York’s constantly changing landscape. Many of the places I’ve visited have already been demolished or are slated for demolition. All that remains are the photographs.” – Nathan Kensinger

Nathan Kensinger’s photo essays on forgotten, historic places have been exhibited at the Brooklyn Museum, the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts, the Brooklyn Library and at galleries around New York City. His photographs have been published in all of New York’s major newspapers, and his waterfront explorations have been featured in Wired Magazine, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, and the New York Times.

http://nathankensinger.com