Directions for Elbow Remix Article Response

1. I'll get the bad news out of the way. The article you are assigned to ready is pretty long. The good news is that I have retyped and reworded it to put it in my voice and have the information apply more directly to the work of this class. The text is meant to guide us all as we try and figure out how we will respond to each other's writing. I would print out the text and mark spots that I found interesting, important, confusing, or places where I had a question. I realize some of you will ignore that advice and just read it on your phone or computer.  :) 
  2. After you have read the article, start your writing by giving your first impressions of the reading, maybe even tell us what you expected before you started reading and then what happened in your head as you read. Was it hard to make it to the end? Are the kind of person who can read a long text? 
  3. Choose a quote from the article. Share it in your response. Put it in quotes. Put parenthesis after the quote and put the page number that you got the quote from. Then explain to us why you shared this particular quote. Make sure there are at least three different sections of the article that you share. You can continue to quote and explain as many times as you like until you read the 800 word requirement.  
  4. Some other questions that might help you think of what to write: Is there anything in the article you never thought of? Is there anything you've done before as a writer? Is there anything you are skeptical about? What did you read about that you think you can do for your classmates? What thoughts do you have about being in a class where you will share your work and read the work of your classmates in a writing group?
  5. Your post should be at least 800 words long and contain three quotes from the article in order for you to receive full credit. 

Here is the article you need to read. You should be able to download and print it if you need to.  ElbowWritinginGroupsRemix.docx