Zachary Davis

In 2006, my family and I moved from New Hampshire to New York so that I may begin teaching at St. John's University.  Prior to St. John's, I had taught for four years at the University of New Hampsire and Keene State College.  Both my teaching and research  been focused during this time on recent European philosophy and environmental philosophy.

The primary focus of my research has been on the work of the early German phenomenologist, Max Scheler.  I am currently the President of the Max Scheler Society of North America and organizer of our biannual meeting.   

I received both my PhD and Masters in philosophy from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale.  During this time, I was fortunate to receive a Fulbright Grant to study at Wuppertal Universitaet in Wuppertal, Germany, and a grant to study at Zurich Universitaet in Zurich, Switzerland.  My undergraduate degree is from the University of New Hampshire, where I majored in both philosophy and mathematics.

There are few things that I enjoy as much as teaching, reading and writing philosophy.  It has been a pleasure to work with the students and faculty of St. John's University.  When I am not at work however, you can usually find me either playing ball with my two children, heading off to the mountains or woods, or planning my next trip to Europe.